Sunday, September 18, 2022

Today's Thought

 Today's Thought:

Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD." Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice! Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. Is not my word like fire, declares the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces? (Jer 9:23-24; Psa 105:3-4; Gal 6:14; Rom 1:16; 1Cor 1:18; Jer 23:29)

No comments:

Post a Comment